Monday, September 15, 2008

YOGA FLAME

Hello all, this is your old friend Mushmouth, here with another enthralling edition of the blog.

First of all, let me start by saying that I am incredibly jealous of Kid Supreme's ability to easily venture into Providence and go to legitimate noise shows there. I hope to visit him at his University in the coming weeks, and perhaps we will document these days that are sure to be exceptional.

Secondly, I would like to fill you in on my weekend. I was stuck in the state of Connecticut...BUT! There was hope on the horizon! I Am Festival, a music festival that has taken place for the last few years in New London, Connecticut, once again "went down" (as the kids say) this weekend. I'm sure you're saying "So what, Mushmouth? Why does this interest me in any way?" Well, the reasons are threefold. Firstly, our friends Brava Spectre performed, and played a terrific set, with a new memeber whose name escapes me at the moment. Secondly, and just as importantly, one of our favorite bands, Oneida, played, and was all that I hoped them to be. I believe they played all of their new album 'Preteen Weaponry', as well as a few other songs. Finally, a new favorite of mine, Jay Reatard, closed the festival. His set was rambunctious and energetic, juts as I had heard it would be. Also as I had heard, he had a short fuse, and walked off stage when a mic cable got lodged in his hair, ending the set. As my friend Dr. Drazen so eloquently put it, "all the kings horses are over there trying to get it out", and indeed, it seemed like Jay Reatard was surrounded by people trying to remove this mic cable from his hair. The bassist in his band (and I suggest at this point you google Jay Reatard band or Jay Reatard Bassist to get an idea of who I'm talking about) took this as an opportunity to come back out onstage, pants nowhere to be found, and take off his shirt, wearing just his skivvies. A very entertaining night.

So, as you can see, Connecticut wasn't the shit show it normally is this weekend, as we imported a few bands from elsewhere to entertain us, and took advantage of one of the few good things happening in CT (that'd be you, Brava) as well.

As this blog comes to a close, let me once again say, the lost vlog will still be put up. Yours truly just needs to do some fine tuning, and then all will be well, and it will expose itself to the world. ALSO, WE HAVE SOME BIG NEWS COMING YOUR WAY. WE JUST HAVE TO NAME IT.

Think on that.


LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

))Mushmouth))

No comments:

Lovelies