Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not a Vlog, but Instead a Blog

Hello faithful denizens of BridalShowertopia, this is Kid Supreme and I am here to bring you all up to speed. As you already know I have started classes and things are going quite well, but what you didn't already know is that Mushmouth too has started classes.
I don't think we've mentioned yet that we do have a show coming up, of course not for a while as it is October 27th. Details are a little foggy, so we'll mention more about this once we attain more information. What I do need to tell you is that it is being put on by a fabulous band, I recommend you listen to if you haven't already, known as Brava Spectre.
In other news I have actually met a few people here at University who also play music. One such band is called Watergate and are an interesting Latino/Jazz band with rapping vocals over the music. I advise you to check out their myspace, they only have one instrumental up currently, but it is a very good song.
While I am on the topic of music, I figure I should introduce our faithful of some bands I have only recently heard about and if you haven't already you should definitely listen to. The Dead Science has a third album out entitled Villainaire, fantastic album and I'm hoping to hear their earlier work as well. The Dead Science is a very interesting experimental pop band, I am currently having a difficult time thinking of bands that are similar. Another band is Truckasauras with (I believe it is anyway) their debut album Tea Parties, Guns & Valor. Really cool Chiptune music, they used circuit bent instruments (hey! that's like us!) like gameboys and some unconventional instruments like the Commodore 64, which I have always wanted to use as an instrument. There is also a classic Noise act known as Skullflower. The album I have is called Desire For A Holy War, it's very good and obviously has influenced many noise bands that will come later on and bands that have influenced The Bridal Shower. Upon listened to this album I have come to the conclusion that Shit and Shine has drawn a lot of influence from Skullflower. The last band I want to talk about is Bardo Pond with their album Bufo alvarius, amen 29:15. Wonderful Space Rock/Shoegaze album, another important band that has likely influenced so many bands that have had an impact on Mushmouth and I as musicians.

So, here ends another blog, sorry it couldn't be a vlog but I do not possess that kind of technology at the moment.

Much love,
Kid Supreme

P.S. And as a final note I just witnessed an Asian kid in the bathroom with no pants on looking at himself in the mirror. It was a fucked up.

No comments:

Lovelies